名词拇指; (手套的)拇指部份
不及物动词翘起拇指请求搭乘(过路汽车),示意请求搭便车; 翻阅
及物动词翻阅; 作搭车手势; 用拇指翻脏[翻坏](书页等)
1. stick out like a sore thumb : 不自在, 处境尴尬;
2. thumb through : 翻查;
3. weigh the thumb : 骗秤头;
1. stick out like a sore thumb : 不自在, 处境尴尬;
2. thumb through : 翻查;
3. weigh the thumb : 骗秤头;
及物动词
1. These books were badly thumbed.
这些书都给翻烂了。
2. The books were badly thumbed.
那些书因被翻阅过多而弄得很脏。
不及物动词
1. thumb的意思
1. I went out onto the road to start thumbing.
我走到公路上,竖起拇指要求搭车。
名词
1. There is a hole in the thumb of his mitten.
他的手套的姆指上有个洞。
Shopping in the Dime Store-(在低价商店购物)
A:Do you carry black ink?
你们有黑墨水卖吗?
B:The ink should be next to the paper clips and thumb tacks in the stationary section, sir.
墨水应该在文具部的回形针和图钉旁边,先生。
A:I've looked, but I didn't see any black ink.
我看过了,但没找到黑墨水。
B:Then I'm afraid there's none in stock.
那我想是缺货了。
A:Well, I'll settle for blue-black. I'll also take a dozen airmail envelopes.
嗯,那要蓝黑的也可以。我还要一打航空信封。
B:They come in packages of ten or twenty.
信封分成十只一扎或二十只一扎出售。
A:Give me a package of twenty, then. And where do I find shoelaces?
那就给我二十只一扎的。还有我去哪儿可以找到鞋带。
B:On counter three.
在第三号柜台。
A:Thank you. I never can find my way around this store.
谢谢,我在这家商店里总是搞不清商品的部位。
B:I know. It took me three weeks, and I work here.
我知道。我在这儿工作,花了三个星期才熟悉。
1. 大拇指:也可把编组后的对象转变成单一的图象或取消编组设置;Docupal可以提供了Undo和Redo的功能,并且用户能够自行设定保存操作的步骤数;Docupal可以直接把页面以HTML的形式输出;支持中文、英文两种界面;大拇指(Thumb)浏览图形,可观看多种格式的图片;
2. 缩略图:支持根据16/9或4/3显示屏实际分辨率对图片进行缩放或切图处理以适应原图长宽比率,保证显示图像不变形. 支持JPEG缩略图(Thumb)浏览.
3. 姆指:互评 自评 右手运球 以手指(finger)而不是手掌(palm)去控制篮球持球 手指在球的两边分开,姆指(THUMB)指向胸口出球时 双手完全伸直,食指(INDEX FINGER)指向传球目标持球 手指在球的两边分开,姆指(THUMB)指向胸口出球时 双手完全伸直,
1. (大)拇指
Your thumb is the short thick part on the side of your hand next to your four fingers.
e.g. She bit the tip of her left thumb, not looking at me.
她咬着左手的拇指尖,眼睛也不看我。
2. (手套的)拇指部分
The thumb of a glove is the part which a person's thumb fits into.
3. (站在路边,伸出手,拇指向上)请求搭便车,拦车
If you thumb a lift or thumb a ride, you stand by the side of the road holding out your thumb until a driver stops and gives you a lift.
e.g. It may interest you to know that a boy answering Rory's description thumbed a ride to Howth...
你或许会对这个消息感兴趣,有个和罗里描述的一模一样的小男孩搭便车到了霍斯。
e.g. Thumbing a lift had once a carefree, easy-going image.
伸手搭便车曾经给人以轻松随意的形象。
4. see also: well-thumbed
5. 扎眼;碍眼
If you say that someone or something sticks out like a sore thumb or stands out like a sore thumb, you are emphasizing that they are very noticeable, usually because they are unusual or inappropriate.
e.g. Does the new housing stick out like a sore thumb or blend into its surroundings?...
这个新住宅区是显得有点扎眼,还是和环境融为一体?
e.g. In Japan a European stands out like a sore thumb.
欧洲人到了日本会极为惹眼。
6. 无所事事;闲着无聊
If you say that someone is twiddling their thumbs, you mean that they do not have anything to do and are waiting for something to happen.
e.g. The prospect of waiting around just twiddling his thumbs was appalling...
想到将要无所事事,他就非常害怕。
e.g. The Government cannot expect graduates to twiddle their thumbs on the dole.
政府不愿意看到毕业生领着救济金却什么也不干。
7. 在…控制下;深受…影响
If you are under someone's thumb, you are under their control, or very heavily influenced by them.
e.g. I cannot tell you what pain I feel when I see how much my mother is under my father's thumb...
看见我母亲完完全全受我父亲的控制,我心里别提有多难受。
e.g. She has Rachel firmly under her thumb.
她把雷切尔牢牢地抓在手心里。
8. green thumb -> see green
to thumb your nose at someone -> see nose
rule of thumb -> see rule
相关词组:thumb through