名词汤;羹动词加大马力网络汤类;汤品;汤羹类
1. in the soup : 在困境中;
及物动词
1. The engineer tried to soup up the engine.
工程师试图加大这台发动机的马力。
名词
1. A bowl of hot chicken soup is good for you.
喝一碗热鸡汤对你有好处。
2. I had a bowl of chicken soup.
我有一碗鸡汤。
外出就餐
A:Are you ready to order?
你准备点餐了吗?
B:Yes, we’d like to start with the fried mushroom platter, please.
是的,我们先要一盘煎蘑菇吧。
A:What kind of sauce would you like with that?
你们喜欢什么样的调味汁呀?
B:The blue cheese, please. Could you make that without meat, by the way?
我们要蓝纹奶酪,顺便说一下,可以不要肉吗?
A:Sure. How about your main course?
好的,主菜要点什么?
B:I’ll have the double bacon cheeseburger.
我要双层咸肉干酪汉堡。
A:Would you like soup or salad with that?
你想要汤还是沙拉。
B:Soup, please.
汤吧。
A:French fries, home fries, or mashed potatoes?
你要油炸土豆条,家常土豆条还是土豆泥?
B:Hmm, I think I’ll have the home fries.
嗯,我想我要家常的吧。
A:How about for your daughter?
你的女儿吃什么呢?
B:She’ll have the four cheese omelette.
她要四层奶酪的煎蛋卷。
A:Does she want a two or three-egg omelette?
她是要 2 个蛋还是3 个蛋的煎蛋卷?
B:A three-egg omelette.
3 个蛋的煎蛋卷。
A:Whole wheat or white toast?
是全麦面包还是白色的烤面包?
B:Could she substitute a muffin for that?
她的可以换成小松饼吗?
A:Not a problem. Blueberry or plain?
没问题。带不带蓝莓的?
B:Blueberry.
带蓝莓的。
A:And what would you like to drink?
你想喝点什么?
B:Two regular coffees—black—and two glasses of orange juice please.
俩杯黑咖啡和俩杯橘子汁。
A:Ok, I’ll bring out the mushroom platter and your drinks shortly.
好的,我一会儿就送上你点的蘑菇和饮料。
1. 汤类:2、汤类:(Soup)分为冷汤类和热汤类两种. 要求原汤、原色、3、色拉:(Salad)具有开胃,帮助消化和增进食欲的作用. 色拉4、主菜:(main course)又叫主盘,是全套菜的灵魂,制作考究,5、 奶酪(cheese)和甜点(dessert):油、面包、芹菜条、调味用胡椒、盐、配喝波特(port)酒.
2. (浓)汤:爱吃面包(bread),冬天喜欢布丁(budding)、浓汤(soup)、火腿(ham)、水果(fruit)、新鲜蔬菜(vegetables)等. 英国人的烹调技术在国际上并无竞争力,但是他们的炸鱼土豆条(fish and ships)和三明治(sandwiches)却为现代快餐做出了重要的贡献.
1. 汤;羹
Soup is liquid food made by boiling meat, fish, or vegetables in water.
e.g. ...home-made chicken soup.
家常的鸡汤
2. 处于困境;处境尴尬
If you say that someone is in the soup, you mean they are in trouble.
e.g. She has a knack of landing herself right in the soup.
她老是让自己的处境很尴尬。
相关词组:soup up