形容词
1. She is the living image of her young mother.
她活像她母亲年青时的样子。
2. All the living presidents attended Nixon's funeral.
所有活着的总统参加了尼克森的葬礼。
3. The wilderness is a living museum of natural history.
这片荒野是一座活生生的自然历史博物馆。
名词
1. We advocate plain living.
我们提倡俭朴的生活。
2. He earns his living as a jockey.
他靠当赛马骑师为生。
Garages & Parking-(车库和停车)
A:You should save some money on parking here.
把车停在这儿可以省些钱。
B:Yeah, I don’t have to pay for a space on the street.
是呀,我不用再付钱在街上找地方停车了。
A:Really? How long did it take you to find a spot yesterday?
是吗?你昨天找地方(停车)兜了多久了?
B:Well, last night it took me half an hour to find a spot when I came home from work.
哦,昨晚我下班回来的时候花了半小时才找到一个地方停车。
A:You get home late, don’t you?
你很晚才回家,是吗?
B:Yeah, around seven. Most of the street parking is gone by then.
是,差不多7点了。那个时候街上大都没有停车的地方了。
A:Ah, well. You can’t have everything.
是,可是你不可能要求事事都完美。
B:Yeah. I can live with it. It’s great to be living alone.
是呀。我可以应付的。一个人住很不错。
Looking for an Apartment-(找房子)
A:I need to find a new place to live.
我要另找一个地方住。
B:Yeah? Why? Don’t you like living with me?
是吗?为什么?你不喜欢和我一起住吗?
A:Oh, it’s not you. I just want my own place.
哦,不是因为你的缘故。我只是想有自己的私人空间。
B:Well, check the newspaper.
好吧,看看报纸上有没有。
A:Jeez…I didn’t realize a single bedroom apartment went for so much these days.
哇呀,我没料到一个单间公寓这些天这么贵。
B:Yeah, prices have really gone up the past couple of years.
是呀,过去这几年价钱真是提高不少。
A:Oh, here’s one. It’s looks like its in this neighborhood, $600 a month. That’s not to bad.
哦,这儿有一个。好像在这儿附近。每个月600元,还过得去。
B:No, it’s pretty good. Why not give the landlord a call?
不仅如此,真很不错呢。为何不给房东一个电话呢?
A:Hello. I’m calling about the one bedroom in Lincoln Park. Could I take a look at it? Yes. Tonight at six is fine. Thanks.
你好,我打电话过来询问林肯公园的这间房。我可以去看看吗?是的。今晚六点可以,谢谢。
Apartment for Rent-(公寓招租)
A:This apartment has three rooms and a bath. Here's the kitchen.
这套公寓有三个房间和一个卫生间。这儿是厨房。
B:It seems a little small to me.
它对我来说好像小了点儿。
living
A:Not really, for one person, and it has a nice gas range and a good refrigerator.There are lots of shelves and cupboards, too.
实际上不小吧,你只一个人。而且这儿有一只漂亮的煤气灶和很好的冰箱。还有很多大橱和装饰橱。
B:What about closets?
有些什么壁橱?
A:You'll have two large ones in the badroom.One has shelves and a built-in shoe rack.Then there's a storage closet in the living room and a linen closet in the bathroom.
在卧室内有两个大壁橱。其中一个有搁板和鞋架。在起居室有一个放在床上用品及毛巾的壁橱。
B:The living room looks sort of dark.
起居室看起来光线不太好。
A:We're painting it a lighter color, and it gets the afternoon sun.
我们正在把它漆成明亮的颜色。下午房间内可以照到太阳。
B:Well, thank you for showing me around.I'll let you know tonight if I decide to take it.I want to look around before I make up my mind.
谢谢你给我们看了房间。 如果我决定要,今天晚上我会告诉你。我想作出决定前再慎重考虑一下。
1. 生活:也不知道(knowledge)是怎么回事,这几天做事总心不在焉的 生活(living)了多年的地方(place),居然也会出现(appearance)乌龙事件(occurrence),而且还是在天天都用得上的浴室(bathroom)里出现!
2. living是什么意思
2. 生计:一张地图的完成代表在地化的知识、行动与责任的投入」,这正符合社会学习领域要整合「人的生存(survival)、生计(living)、生活(life)与生命(existence)四大层面」的基本理念,
3. 活着的:此外,不少人把非生物的环境和无机环境当作同意词使用,为了避免这种混乱,限定生物环境是指活着的(living)生物,非生物环境是指所有无生命的(non-living)东西.
1. 生计;饭碗
The work that you do for a living is the work that you do in order to earn the money that you need.
e.g. Father never talked about what he did for a living...
父亲从不谈他的谋生之道。
e.g. He earns his living doing all kinds of things.
他做各种各样的活计来谋生。
2. 生活质量;生活素质;生活(方式)
You use living when you are talking about the quality of people's daily lives.
e.g. Olivia has always been a model of healthy living.
奥利维娅一向是健康生活的楷模。
e.g. ...the stresses of urban living.
城市生活的压力
3. 居住的;起居的
You use living to talk about the places where people relax when they are not working.
living的翻译
e.g. The spacious living quarters were on the second floor...
宽敞的生活区位于3楼。
e.g. The study links the main living area to the kitchen.
书房把主要的生活区与厨房连在一起。
4. 生者;活着的人们
The living are people who are alive, rather than people who have died.
living是什么意思
e.g. The young man is dead. We have only to consider the living.
这位年轻人已经死了。我们只能考虑在生之人。
5. 艰难度日,勉强糊口(美国英语中作scrape out a living或scratch out a living)
If you say that someone scrapes a living or scratches a living, you mean that they manage to earn enough to live on, but it is very difficult. In American English, you say they scrape out a living or scratch out a living .
e.g. He almost manages to scrape a living as an artist.
他靠当艺术家来勉强混口饭吃。
6. living proof -> see proof
in living memory -> see memory
the world owes them a living -> see world