形容词
1. Both of us thought so.
我们俩都这样想的。
2. both
2. Why not buy both?
为什么不把两件都买下?
连词
1. Both New York and London have traffic problems.
纽约和伦敦都存在交通问题。
2. The prospects both excited and worried me.
这前景既使我激动又令我忧虑。
在理发店
A:Do you cut both men’s and women’s hair?
你们男女活都做吗?
C:Yes, we have various styles, such as hair bobbed and shoulder length hair. How do you want it?
是的,我们可以做各种各样的发型,如剪短发,齐肩发。你们想要什么服务?
A:I want a haircut and a shave, please.
我想理发和修面。
B:I would like a shampoo and my hair dyed.
我想洗洗头发,染染发。
C:What shampoo do you prefer? And what color do you prefer?
夫人,您喜欢什么染发剂?要染什么颜色?
u0039u0031u0031u67E5u8BE2u00B7u82F1u8BEDu5355u8BCD
C:How would you like your hair cut, sir?
先生,你喜欢什么发式?
A:I want to keep the same fashion.
我想保持原来的发式。
B:I want my hair dyed black.
我想染成黑色。
C:All right. Will you please sit over here?
好的,请您坐到这里。
Continuing education program-(继续教育课程)
A:Hello, this is the admissions office. Can I help you?
你好,这里是招生办公室,有什么可以为你效劳?
B:Hi. I’m calling about your continuing education program.
你好,我打电话来询问你们学校继续教育课程的有关情况。
A:What would you like to know?
你想了解什么情况呢?
B:I want to become certified in computer programming. Do you offer any part-time courses for adult further education?
我想获得电脑编程方面的证书。你们有开设成年继续教育的业余课程吗?
A:Yes, we offer both night and weekend courses in a number of different subjects.
有,我们开设夜课和周末课程,分很多不同的科目。
both
B:How do I sign up?
如何报名呢?
A:If you give me your address, I can mail you an infomp3ation packet and the application fomp3s.
把你的地址给我,我会把相关信息和申请表邮寄给你。
B:Great!
太好了。
男士剪发
A:Good afternoon, sir. Please sit here.
下午好,先生。请您坐这儿。
B:A haircut and a shave, please.
请给我理发和修面。
A:How would you like your hair cut, sir?
先生,您喜欢什么发式?
B:Short on both sides. Not so much off at the back.
两边剪短些,后面少剪点儿。
A:Very well, sir. Do you want me to trim your beard?
好的,先生。要不要修一下胡子?
B:Yes, please.
要的。
A:Now have a look, please. Is it all right?
现在请您看看理得怎么样?
B:Well, I would like my hair cut shorter on the temples.
两边的鬓角请再剪短一点儿。
A:Is that satisfactory?
可以了吗?
B:Yes, thanks.
好了,谢谢。
A:Do you want conditioner?
您搽护发剂吗?
B:No, thanks, but I'd like a face massage.
谢谢,不必了。但你可以给我按摩一下脸部。
A:Yes, sir.
是,先生。
B:Now where should I pay the money?
现在我该到哪儿付款呢?
A:You should go to the counter, just over there.
到结帐台,就在那边。
1. 二者;全部:Boolean Controller布尔运算控制器 | Both二者;全部 | Bottom底;底部;底部绑定物;底视图
2. 一起:She's right. 她说得对. | Both? 一起? | Well, that's what I do. 是啊,我正是这么做的.
1. 两个;两个都
You use both when you are referring to two people or things and saying that something is true about each of them.
e.g. She cried out in fear and flung both arms up to protect her face...
她吓得大叫,并且抡起双臂护住了自己的脸。
e.g. Put both vegetables into a bowl and crush with a potato masher.
把这两样蔬菜都放进一个碗里,然后用捣土豆器把它们捣碎。
2. 不仅…而且…;…和…都;既…又…
You use the structure both...and when you are giving two facts or alternatives and emphasizing that each of them is true or possible.
both的翻译
e.g. Now women work both before and after having their children...
现在妇女在生孩子前后都要去工作。
e.g. Any such action would have to be approved by both American and Saudi leaders.
任何这样的行动都必须获得美国和沙特领导人双方的批准。